Inadequate drainage systems lead to the problems of accumulated water on the surface of roads and parking areas. This is not only inconvenient for pedestrians but can cause major traffic accidents and hold-ups. The slotted drain is ideal for gently sloping areas and the bottom of sag-vertical curves, where its advantages are:
- It is hydraulically efficient and drains all along its length
- Its simple to clean and has no grates to be bent or stolen.
- It creates no obstacle to the free flow of traffic.
- It is a pipe and a drop inlet in one.
- Closed pipes run only partially full whereas this will run 100% full.
- It can be used on kerbed or un-kerbed areas.